Having company for cocktails? How about adding a special twist (and yummy conversation piece) to your guests' drinks? These strawberry ice cubes are a delightful way to dress up a drink. They're super-simple to make, and guaranteed to make a splash!
- 1lb of strawberries, cut in halves (2-3 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Step 1 Put all ingredients together in blender and puree until smooth.
Step 2 Pour mixture carefully into ice cube trays.
Step 3 Put trays in freezer and freeze for about 3 hours or until solid.
Step 4 Remove ice cube trays from freezer
Step 5 Drop a couple of cubes into a clear cocktail or glass of wine.
These also add a decorative touch to a glass of champagne or a pitcher of lemonade in the summertime. Happy sipping!!!
- This recipe makes about 2 or more trays, depending on the size of cubes within the tray.
- A tray with smaller cubes works great as littler cubes look nicer in a glass, but you can choose any size you like. Heart-shaped trays can usually be found fairly easily in dollar stores, etc.
- You can also experiment with other types of berries, like blueberries.
- The amount of sugar listed in this recipe yields a mixture that is quite sweet-- you may want to modify to suit your taste, especially if you will be adding cubes to an already sweet beverage like lemonade.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.