How to Make Strawberry Ice Cubes
Having company for cocktails? How about adding a special twist (and yummy conversation piece) to your guests' drinks? These strawberry ice cubes are a delightful way to dress up a drink. They're super-simple to make, and guaranteed to make a splash!
- 1lb of strawberries, cut in halves (2-3 cups)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Step 1 Put all ingredients together in blender and puree until smooth.
Step 2 Pour mixture carefully into ice cube trays.
Step 3 Put trays in freezer and freeze for about 3 hours or until solid.
Step 4 Remove ice cube trays from freezer
Step 5 Drop a couple of cubes into a clear cocktail or glass of wine.
These also add a decorative touch to a glass of champagne or a pitcher of lemonade in the summertime. Happy sipping!!!
- This recipe makes about 2 or more trays, depending on the size of cubes within the tray.
- A tray with smaller cubes works great as littler cubes look nicer in a glass, but you can choose any size you like. Heart-shaped trays can usually be found fairly easily in dollar stores, etc.
- You can also experiment with other types of berries, like blueberries.
- The amount of sugar listed in this recipe yields a mixture that is quite sweet-- you may want to modify to suit your taste, especially if you will be adding cubes to an already sweet beverage like lemonade.